The Dossinochilus Dreamcatcher has dark, olive green leaves with metalic gold veining. These orchids will thrive in a terrarium or vivarium and look particulary nice clumped together.
Dossinochilus Dreamcatcher (Doss. marmorata x Anct. brevilabris)
What's included with this item?
- One live, juvenile Dossinochilus Dreamcatcher (Doss. marmorata x Anct. brevilabris) Jewel orchid.
- One 2 inch nursery pot.
- 3oz (min) Pars Terrae Mix.
- Sphagnum moss for soil top layer.
- One temporary terrarium for use during shipping.
- Our live arrival guarantee.
Our orchids and media are 100% chemical fertilizer and pesticide free, making them safe for delicate environments such as vivariums.
Upon receipt of your order, your orchid will be carefully removed from the vessel it was grown in and placed into a 2" nursery pot. The orchid you will receive is well established, rooted & hardened off.
We believe in providing your new orchid with the foundation it needs to thrive before it even leaves our nursery. All orchids will ship pre-potted in our Pars Terrae Mix that has been blended fresh by hand exclusively by PA Orchid Exchange at no additional cost. We use only the highest quality dust-free ingredients sourced from the most reputable manufactures. To read more about Pars Terrae Mix please visit our Pars Terrae Mix page. (If you prefer to have your plant shipped bare root, please specify in the notes section of the checkout page).
We guarantee your orchid will arrive free of pests!
*The orchids pictured are an example of the typical appearance of orchids of this species from our collection and not representative of the exact plant that will be shipped.
General care for most orchids includes maintaining appropriate moisture levels and proper lighting, in that order. While most orchids can adapt to different light levels in the average home, very few can tolerate being too wet or too dry for extended periods of time. It is for this reason so many people are intimidated by the idea of keeping orchids.
So how do you water your new orchid?
We recommend investing in a low-cost spray bottle or mister. They can be found almost everywhere from grocery and hardware stores to garden centers and beauty supply stores. We promise it doesn't need to be anything special! You will use the mister to water your orchid rather than poring water into the media. This insures even distribution of the water and allows it to be soaked up rather than running through.
Your plant will come with a very light layer of sphagnum moss on top of the media, this provides two benefits:
1) It helps retain the right amount of moisture in the media beneath it.
2) It works as a built in water meter!
When the sphagnum moss is 95% dry and a little spongy, mist it directly until it's moist again. Feel free to give it a couple of extra sprays to ensure the water penetrates the sphagnum. Mist the whole surface of the sphagnum, not just the base of the plant. Remember, you want the water evenly distributed. Our Pars Terrae Mix is designed to allow just the right amount of water to be retained (chronic over-waterers rejoice!). That's it! Avoid pouring water into the media and never use ice cubes.
- Jewel orchids are some of the lowest maintenance, easiest to grow orchids. It is for this reason they are typically recommended for beginning enthusiasts.
- In terms of moisture and temperature, this species appreciates typical tropical conditions however, because our plants ship hardened off, they will be more tolerant of slightly cooler, dryer climates such as a typical home or office. Please see our Extras menu for our cost effective 2-in-1 digital temperature/humidity monitor.
- Jewel orchids prefer slightly lower light levels than most plants, making them a great choice for a room with low or artificial light.
- Natural lighting should be medium, indirect or filtered and never direct sun.
- Jewel orchids are known to do well under artificial lighting such as typical home or office lighting and indoor grow lights. We have selected our favorite low cost, discrete grow lights for use with Jewel orchids and made them available in the Lighting menu. These are the same lights we use in our nurseries and highly recommend them for any area you choose to supplement lighting for your new orchid.
- Growing media should be kept moist but never saturated.
- Care should be taken to prevent water from collecting and sitting on foliage for extended periods of time.
- Good air circulation is recommended to prevent rot or decay of foliage and roots. Air circulation in homes and offices will typically be sufficient provided your orchid is kept in the recommended terrestrial orchid media.
- We highly recommend using a media designed specifically for terrestrial orchids. Growing media should be light, airy and very well draining with the ability to maintain a good level of moisture. Should you need more media than what your orchid is shipped with, please visit our Pars Terrae Mix page for our pre-mixed media available for purchase.
- Jewel orchids are typically not cold hardy and should be kept above 65 degrees at all times with warmer temperatures (75 to 85 degrees) being preferred for vigorous growth. Make sure you place your new orchid outside of drafts created by indoor heating and cooling systems.
- These are terrestrial orchids that are native to tropical environments. While they can tolerate lower humidity levels, we recommend a humidity tray or regular misting (fine mist only) to maintain humidity levels in dryer climates.
- Specimens kept in a terrarium or vivarium do not require misting.
- Your orchid will be shipped in fresh Pars Terrae Mix designed specifically for terrestrial orchids blended by hand here at PA Orchid Exchange. Because it contains nutrient rich, organic worm castings with a high bio-availability, we recommend you do not fertilize for at least 8 months after receipt. A mixture of 1/4 strength (diluted with water) orchid fertilizer of your choice can be applied once a month during the growing season (typically spring to fall) if desired after the 8 month waiting period.
- Chemical fertilizers are never recommended for use inside vivariums or on plants you plan on putting inside a vivarium.
* Please consider that snails, slugs and foliage-eating reptiles are particularly drawn to Jewel orchids and can quickly damage your plant. We do not recommend co-inhabiting these species. In addition, while most Jewel orchids are rated as non-toxic, we can not guarantee the level of toxicity should it be consumed by your pet.
Jewel Orchids are surprisingly resilient in less than favorable conditions, however for the highest growth rate and healthiest plants, we recommend following the care tips as closely as possible.
As always we are available to help answer any questions you may have regarding care, re-potting or placement of your new orchid. Please remember that accompanying your inquiry with photos will allow us to give you the most accurate advice possible. Contact us
*Please read the return policy for each item in your cart prior to purchase as information may differ slightly depending on the nature of the product (Ex. pottery or live plants). This information is specific to this item only.
We do not accept general returns on live plants. Please note that while we take a great deal of care packaging and shipping live plants, despite our efforts it is normal for some foliage to be damaged on occasion during shipping. Plants with a low to moderate amount of damage are not returnable. If your plant arrives with significant damage or is lifeless, we will be happy to send a replacement. Please see below for plant replacement guidelines.
- Shipping for live plants starts on Monday for the week and ends on Wednesday. We do not ship later than Wednesday to try to avoid packages with live plants sitting with the carrier over the weekend. In addition we do not ship when the local temperature is forecasted to be below freezing. You can purchase a 72 hour heat pack for $2.00 in the Extras menu to ship with all live plant orders. We do not profit off heat packs and highly recommend you do this during winter months. We do not give refunds on plants damaged due to cold/hot weather. Because we sometimes deal in difficult to find varieties and the demand for them is high, if the weather in your area is forecasted to be too hot or cold but you don't want to risk missing out on plants while they are available, you can place your order and request that we wait until weather becomes more temperate to ship. Just add a note on the checkout page and we will ship as soon as it warms up/cools down.
The few exceptions that can be returned include:
- Severely damaged/life-less plants due to shipping (please see guidelines below)
- Wrong items delivered
- If you received the wrong product and we cannot solve the issue with a replacement, we will pay to return the item to us on top of the refund. *You must notify PA Orchid exchange within 24 hours of the wrong item being delivered.*
What if my item is no longer in stock?
If we offer you a replacement item but the item you ordered is no longer in stock, you can choose between a full refund or another item of equal or lesser value. If you choose a refund, all funds will be returned in the same form payment was made.
Severely Damaged/Life-less Live Plants
We guarantee live arrival of all plants. If this item arrives severely damaged or lifeless, we are happy to arrange for a prompt replacement. As noted above, shipping a live orchid can be stressful for the plant and some damage to the foliage is normal. Only plants with significant damage are returnable. All guidelines below must be met prior to PA Orchid exchange replacing your item.
- Package must be accepted on the first delivery attempt.
- You must notify us within 24 hours of delivery.
- You must file a damage claim with the carrier within 24 hours.
- You must forward the claim number to us via email. (please use the contact us section on our web page.)
- You must take a picture of the damaged item and the package it was shipped in to send to us in addition to the claim number.
If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason we would love the opportunity to make things right! Please reach out to us through the contact us link on our web page with any concerns regarding your order and we will promptly address the issue. Don't forget to include your order number for the fastest resolution.
Shipping rates are calculated in real time according to live USPS rates on your check out page.
To get a quote on shipping, add the items you are intrested in to your cart and go to the checkout page. Pick your shipping option to see live rates.
If you have questions or need more information please contact us prior to placing your order.
Shipping Schedule and policies:
We ship all live plants USPS Priority & Express Priority mail (your choice at checkout).
All live plants will ship Monday through Wednesday to lessen the possibility they will sit with the carrier over the weekend.
You may request a different shipping option or Thursday through Saturday shipping in the notes section of the checkout page and we will accommodate when possible. Please note that our live arrival guarantee only stands for the shipping methods listed above and we do not warrant live plants that have had shipping altered from our standard method unless we state otherwise in writing.
We will delay shipments including live plants for as long as necessary when temperatures in the departing zip code or arrival zip code are below 25 degrees F, or above 95 degrees F. We have 72 hour heat packs available in our extras menu for $2.00. If you choose to have your live plant shipped in temperatures below 40 degrees F and do not add a heat pack to your order, we do not guarantee live arrival.
Dry goods, including Pars Terrae Mix and glass and ceramic vessels ship insured, USPS Priority & Express Priority (your choice at check out) Monday through Friday year round.
All orders will ship the day we receive your order according to the schedule above when received before 4:00pm. All orders received after 4:00pm will ship the following day according to the schedule above.
If your order consists of live plants and dry goods, we will ship your order on the earliest possible day all items can go out together (even if they are in separate boxes) according to the schedule above. If you wish to have items shipped separately (according to the schedule above), and as quickly as possible, please leave a note on the check out page.
All shipping schedules exclude government holidays and mailing service closures. If your order is scheduled to go out on the same day as a holiday or closure we will reschedule it for the next possible shipping day according to the schedule above.
If you are returning an item and we have agreed to pay for return shipping you must use the shipping label we send you. PA Orchid Exchange will not reimburse return shipping charges to you via payment in any form unless stated in writing.
We are not in the business of profiting on shipping costs. We do however use the fastest services available and always insure our packages. We connect to USPS for realtime shipping rates to your zip code. We will always group your items together when possible to save you money on shipping. If you have 2 or more items in your cart and you are getting a higher than expected shipping rate, please contact us prior to placing your order to see if we can group items for a lower price.
Due to anticipated significant delays in shipping with USPS during the holidays, we will suspend all shipping beginning December 12th, 2018 and will resume shipping January 14th, 2019. If you place an order during this time frame, your order will be shipped the week of January 14th. You can request to have your order shipped sooner, between the dates above if you wish, but it will be at the buyers risk. PA Orchid Exchange will not be held responsible for delays in arrival and will not guarantee "live arrival" on any plants shipped during this period that exceed the expected arrival date given when the shipping label is created. Please reach out with any questions, or to request your order to be shipped prior to January 14th.